Welcome to the Guido Evangelistic Association internet ministry site. We are honored that you have come to visit us and pray that you will enjoy your time with us. Below is today’s “Seed From the Sower,” which is our Daily Devotional. They are helpful not only in your spiritual walk, but the stories and illustrations make great sermon starters!
You can use the “Search” button on the left to find any devotional by topic, title, Scripture or keyword. You may also view them using the “Categories” menu on the left. To view them by date, visit the Seeds Archive here, or go to our eSeeds blog.
DOES GOD HAVE AN ATTITUDE?
“Attitude” is an interesting word. And it has different meanings to different people. There are times when it can refer to “good” and times when it can refer to “bad.” Normally, an attitude refers to a position that someone has about something or even someone else. But, is it fair to say that our God, who is compassionate and caring, has an attitude?
“There are six things the Lord hates; seven are an abomination to Him.”
Well, if we learn what those sins are, is that all we have to worry about? Not really. These sins are not intended to be an exhaustive list. We all make lists that we can add to or remove from – even God. But these sins are very serious to God and build on the list He began earlier. Here, however, he reinforces the Lord’s attitude toward such sins. Read the list very carefully and discover sins that God has an “attitude” toward:
1. Haughty eyes: A proud, condescending glare that comes from a heart full of arrogance and deceit.
2. A lying tongue: God only honors truth and purity.
3. Hands that shed innocent blood: Any person unjustly killed, certainly includes the unborn child.
4. Hearts that “devise” wicked schemes: Using scams to hide the truth from simple and trusting folk.
5. Feet that rush to evil: Feet follow the plans of the heart and engage the soul in sin.
6. A false witness: Lies are as natural as breathing.
7. Strife-spreaders: “Trouble-makers” will be destroyed.
Prayer: Lord, if we took Your Words as seriously as You do, what beautiful lives we would live! We need You. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
Scripture for Today: Proverbs 6:16 There are six things the Lord hates, seven that are detestable to him: